Thursday, July 25, 2013

Crashing into Juniper Springs in the Ocala National Forest


 I had previously read about the Ocala National Forest and all the lovely landscape. The spring looked so inviting in photos that on the way back home to Atlanta from Orlando, the kids and I had to stop.

The old cabin and water wheel landmark the springs. The inside had a brief history of FDR's mission of conservation and the construction of the springs.


Juniper Springs has 3 nature trails. Unfortunately due to some recent storms, parts of the trail were blocked by downed limbs. 
The spring runs were crystal clear.

After working up a sweat on the nature trails, it was time to jump and cool off.
The 72 degree water was brisk to say the least.

Though our time at Juniper Springs was short, it was well worth the detour. The kids had a blast and are already asking about a return trip. I can say that we will in fact return to this fantastic place.

No comments:

Post a Comment